How to Migrate from EBI 3 -> EBI 3 Server
1. Complete installation of an EBI v4 Server
2. Complete installation of an EBI v4 Studio
3. Licensing of both Server and Studio
4. Current versions of EBI v3 Server and Studio are at v3.2.1 or above
5. Administrative access to EBI Studio and Server installations and setup
6. Ability to execute and modify command scripts
1. Copy EBI 3 server workspace
2. In EBI 4 studio, from command line, Run StudioScan. review scanOutput.txt
3. From EBI 3 server directory, from command line, Run ServerScan. review scanOutput.txt
4. All Projects in the EBI v4 Studio Workspace must be identical to those installed on the EBI v3 Server in order for correct migration to occur. A Compare utility is provided to automate this process;
5. From the EBI v4 Studio\u2019s MigrationUtility folder, edit the Compare script.
6. Open a command prompt or terminal window, position to the MigrationUtility folder, and run the Compare script.
Launch EBI v4 Studio using new Workspace
7. In EBI 4 Studio, Launch EBI v4 Studio using new Workspace
8. Utilize the Clean\u2026 option from the EBI Studio\u2019s Main Menu (under Project).
9. Review for validation errors
Deploy Projects to EBI v4 Server
10. Start Server in Suspend Mode
Migrate Server Settings from EBI v3 to EBI v4
This incorporates two main operations, through the use of two scripts: 1. Export Server settings from an EBI v3 Server (ExportSettings) 2. Import Server settings to an EBI v4 Server (ImportSettings)Export settings from an EBI v3 Server
The ExportSettings script connects to the EBI v3 Server database and exports values to csv files in a specified folder.Import settings into an EBI v4 Server
The ImportSettings script connects to the EBI v4 Server database and updates values using the exported csv files (from the ExportSettings utility).
By: Sean Hoppe on